Maintain Your Guard
There are some spiders we need to be wary of: brown recluse, black widow, hobo, and yellow sacks. Black widows especially like crawl spaces in homes. If the wrong kind of spider bites a person or pet, you could have a real problem. The best solution to spider extermination and pest control is prevention.
Most spiders will be found outside your home in grass or wood piles, or in darker places such as inside the garage or under your deck. So, it’s very important to inspect the areas you frequent outside your home for spider infestation.
Equally important is to inspect potential access points into your home. Chances are that if a spider is inside your home, it’s looking for food and following other insects inside. This might be your early warning sign to call Eco Pest Control, the leading spider extermination company in the greater Richmond, Newport News, and Williamsburg areas.
How to Keep Spiders Out of Your Home
To keep spiders from invading your home, take the following 10 preventative measures:
- Spiders are pest of prey and feast on other insects, such as cockroaches and flies. Rid your home of these pests, and spiders will have little reason to visit.
- Be vigilant about cleaning. Spiders like to hide, and a clean home gives them fewer hiding places.
- Vacuum up spider webs and egg sacs whenever you see them.
- Keep food put away in tightly sealed storage containers. While spiders generally don’t eat human food, they eat the insects that do, such as ants, cockroaches, and other pests. With no food source, spiders will move on.
- Get rid of clutter. Spiders will hide nearly anywhere, including piles of dirty clothes, stacks of old magazines, and that pile of junk sitting in the corner of the closet.
- Use pesticides or other pest control treatments based on any other insect problem you may have.
- Keep spiders from entering your home by sealing cracks and crevices. Cover vents with fine mesh insect screens.
- Replace or fix torn window screens and caulk gaps around windows.
- Keep outdoor lights off or switch to yellow sodium vapor lights to keep from attracting other pests that spiders might feed on.
- Remove vegetation within eight feet of the perimeter of your home. Shrubs, trees, and ivy provide shelter for spiders and harbor insects they use for food.
Should I Call a Spider Extermination and Pest Control Company?
If you are being overrun by spiders or you just can’t seem to keep them under control, then it’s time to call Eco Pest Control. We will come to your home or office and perform an initial inspection at no cost to you. Based on the outcome of that inspection, your Eco Pest Control technician will develop the best spider extermination plan to eliminate the spiders you have and prevent them from returning.
Partnering with an experienced, local spider extermination and pest control company is the easiest way to solve your spider problem safely. At Eco Pest Control, we’re a family-owned and locally operated company that has more 15 than years of experience keeping properties in greater Richmond, Newport News, and Williamsburg free of pests, including spiders and other insects.
Our registered and certified professionals provide highly effective spider extermination and pest control services that work to control your spider populations and minimize their chance of return. For residential and commercial property owners who are interested in learning more about our company’s exceptional, 100% guaranteed solutions or would like to request an inspection, contact Eco Pest Control today.
Learn More About Spiders
If you live in eastern Virginia, then you know that June means ants and spiders can be found everywhere. What can you do about them? Plenty.
Eco Pest Control offers the best spider extermination in the greater Richmond, Newport News, and Williamsburg areas. Free inspections.